Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We're Half Way There....

20 Weeks!

It's hard to believe I will be 20 weeks tomorrow. I've started to feel them move around a bit. What I find fantastic is last night I went and bought the new Sarah McLachlan CD (we know I love her). Well, when I put it in my car that was when I felt them move really well for the first time. They love Sarah too!!

I have pictures from 19 weeks, but our scanner is broken, so I can't upload them :(

I will tell you we did find out we are having one of each. We will get confirmation of that on Wednesday at our "Big" ultrasound. This coming ultrasound will be atleast a 45 minute scan. They take all of the measurements of each baby. They look at the things I care about. Heart, brain, abdomen, etc. I will be so relieved to hear they have 4 chambers of their little hearts. I'm terrified of having a hypoplast. Not saying it would be the end of the world, but I don't want that for them.

So far, all is good. They seem to be quite happy in there and growing well.

This weeks development says:

Lanugo forms from sebum and skin cells to create vernix. This creamy white substance is believed to help protect the baby. It will cling to the lanugo and in the creases. This is also something that can be seen sometimes after the birth. Rumor has it that nursery nurses use it for hand lotion, because of its smooth, protective quality.
You may be aware of sleep wake cycles in your little one. The weight is now up to 10 ounces (283 grams) and the baby measures about 25 cms total length, about 9.8 inches. Many moms have an ultrasound at week 20. It may be your first peek at baby.




I hope to see everyone next week when I am home for the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment