Friday, May 28, 2010

It's gonna be a long summer...

17 weeks!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!

I've decided Derek has pregnancy brain. He was getting me a glass of ice water just a bit ago and I heard the microwave go off. I assumed he was warming up a cup of coffee. Nope, he put my ice water in the microwave.

I broke down and turned on the air conditioner this week. The temperature has been getting up to about 80-83ish...now, prior to being pregnant it would need to get up in the the 90's before I would turn on the dreaded air conditioner. Not so much now. I get hot, my feet swell up. And no matter how naked I lay on the couch it isn't cool enough. So, I turned on the air. And a new and strange thing has began happening. I eat and my nose gets stuffy. Today I feel like the inside of my nose is swelling shut. Kinda freaky.

The belly is certainly getting round. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday I had gained a total of 14.5 lbs. I'd like to subtract one of those becuase by the time I got to the doctor I had already eaten my whole grain flat bread with peanut butter, and 40 oz of water. None the less, I'm not gaining a ton of weight. Certainly not so much for having triplets. I wonder if I will be kicked off my flight for the baby shower for being "too fat to fly"...hmmm

Let's see what is going on with the munchkins this week:
Your baby is forming brown fat deposits under his or her skin, by the end of pregnancy this will account for 2-6% of their total body weight. This will help them maintain their body temperature when they are born. The baby weighs in at about 5 ounces (142 grams). This means that the baby now weighs more than the placenta. No new structures have formed. Loud noises outside may actually cause the baby to startle.
Baby A--if you look you can see my hand on my head. I'm a little dramatic already.

Baby B-- See my nose, lips and chin and my cute little round head.


Baby C--Hi, I see you...can you see me?







No comments:

Post a Comment