Monday, August 23, 2010

29 weeks and 4 days

Well, I believe week 4 of bedrest officially begins on Friday. Some days are rougher than others. Some days i'm quite lonely and get really under the weather. You would think oh...bedrest. That sounds fun. I can sleep and watch TV. Sure, it was fun for the first couple of days, but not so much after that. However, i am managing. I'm trying to stay optimistic and positive for the babies. The better my over all mental state the better off they will be. After all, it is all about the beans.

Last weeks doctor appointment went well. I lost a few pounds. Which means the fluid is leaving my tissue and there was no protein in my urine. That is good news. It is a sign I am thwarting off the toxemia. The blood pressure was the same. I'll take it! The same means it didn't go higher. I've put myself on a little stricter bedrest than the doctor prescribed. I've also really been trying to watch my sodium intake. I've also upped my fluid intake. It is so dang hard to get all 84 ounces of water in a day, but I do it most of the time. I let myself change it up with milk atleast once a day. Whooo....i'm living now. Today I had orange juice.

Tomorrow is my first NST (non-stress test). I feel so bad for the poor nurse who will be hooking me up. It should be sporty. As much as these guys move and wiggle. Monitoring them for a full 20 minutes should take some serious work.

For the most part I feel okay. It is getting harder to do silly things like get in the car. I get winded much easier. I'm managing though.

And because I know you all want to see...here is the belly shot from today. Derek and I will be doing ourselves a little maternity shoot, but I want to wait another couple weeks. Yes, those are some stretch marks, but considering there are 3, i'm thinking not so bad.



29w4d

By the way, the babies are pretty smooshed up in there, so there may not be ultrasound pictures of them anymore. They haven't been able to get shots of their profiles or faces. Poor babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment