Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

My sweet Charlie and his Valentine decorations
Katie Bug

Emmy Pooh


Monday is going to be a bittersweet day. Valentine's day is the day we transferred our three perfect embryos into my womb. Never did we expect all three would stick. We were hoping for one and instead we got all three. I have never been so happy as the day I found out we were having triplets. That happiness carried through my entire pregnancy. Each kick, each hiccup, and every smack to the bladder. I loved being pregnant with my three little beans.

Emma was the baby who held everyone in. She positioned herself across the bottom half of my womb to hold her brother and sister up. She is the fiesty one. She is strong. Emma is the leader.

Katie was a wiggler. She was the one who rolled and stretched and pushed her siblings out of the way. She is happy and gentle, but truly a little diva. She will be the instigator.

Charlie was the mover and shaker. Afterall, he started off as baby A and ended up as baby C. It was Charlie who I felt the most. I felt his kicks, his rolls, his hiccups, his rear end, and his elbows. I suppose, I knew him the best in utero. I think he would have been a handful. A welcome handful.

So, as Valentine's Day approaches, I am so very thankful for my three beautiful babies. I reflect on this past year with great joy and extreme sadness. If nothing else, I want my children to know how much they were wanted and how much they are loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment