Monday, February 7, 2011

4 Months...where has the time gone




Emma 4 months


Katie 4 months



The girls went for their 4 month check up/vaccines on Saturday. I am happy to report they are doing quite well. Emma weighed 11lbs and is 24 inches long. She is in the 10th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for length. That is not adjusting for prematurity. Katie is 12 lb 2 oz and 23.9 inches long. She is 25th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for length. Emma coos and talks all of the time. She is fascinated with her hands and feet. Some days I have to pin her down to get her to eat. She smiles at you and everything bad just goes away. Katie smiles and is generally also a happy munchkin. She laughed for the first time last week. It was so amazing. Kate plays with her hands and at night gets her feet moving and kicks the side of the pack-n-play. She likes the crinkle sound it makes. We tried cereal for the first time last week. They didn't really enjoy the experience. So, I waited several days and tried to introduce it again. Still not so fond of it, but did a little better. Truly, it is a little early for cereal. There really isn't much of a hurry, but I thought I would try. They are getting better at sitting in their exersaucers. Derek plays their water video for them a few times a week. They seem to enjoy it. I am guessing because it is bright and flashy. It has sucked me in a few times and I am an adult (or so the rumor is).








All in all, I would say I have two very happy healthy little girls. They love their mommy and daddy and we adore them. There is no greater feeling than walking in the door from a long day and having your princesses smile because you are home.








While it really isn't fair to Derek becuase he is home with them all day..I do love that when I walk in they want me. It becomes all about the mom. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment