Sunday, March 21, 2010

End of the week...

We've known now for a week that we are having triplets. Most days it doesn't seem real. That being said, some of those "symptoms" I was so worried about have started. Everyday between 1-3 is torture to stay awake. I ended up coming home and taking a nap every evening. I've also been having some morning sickness. Except it is all day sickness. It comes in waves. Not too terrible. I've been sucking on mints or eating goldfish crackers. They seem to help.

Every once in a while I have those funny little thoughts that creep into my head. Are they okay in there? Do we still have 3 little hearts beating away? Are they growing like they are suposed to? I keep telling Derek I need a little window into my uterus so I can see what is happening. I assume this is normal, but I do tend to just worry about the most bizarre things on a good day.

We did make our first purchase for the babies. Diapers :) Baby's R Us was having a deal where you buy 2 boxes of diapers and get a $20 giftcard. Buying them at Baby's R Us probably made the diapers a little more expensive than had I bought them at Bj's or Sam's, but I did the math and we still came out about $15 ahead. I figure we should stock up on these practical things. We can always return them if the babies are allergic to them or they grow out of them too fast.

This week the babies: Will develop their second set of kidneys! Their hand plates develop. And their little genital tubercles forms. By the end of the week they will be 7-9mm long! That's almost an entire centimeter.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, they are becoming little people! Very exciting!

    You will become a bargain queen! I will let you know if I hear of any deals!

    Hugs! Hang in there Momma!

    ReplyDelete