Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Journey Begins

It has never been a secret Derek and I have wanted children. It has also never been a secret that having a child has been a real struggle for us. Like thousands of other couples, we struggle with infertility. So, our journey begins....

January 2008 we met Dr. Nash. He is a very pragmatic physician. Very much to the point and very good at laying out options while still being kind. I supose physicians in his field see a lot of joy and a lot of heartache, so they give lots of facts and figures rather than instilling hope.

From March to July of 2008 we tried Clomid with IUI. With no sucess. Dr. Nash sat us down and said, look you guys are going to need IVF with ICSI. Well, that ended our parenting dreams. We thought about adoption, but decided it best to just stop for the time being. Let life run it's course. So we did.

St. Patty's Day 2009: I lost my job. I was laid off. This turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to us. Sounds strange...well, Akron Children's came calling. All of our prayers had been answered. My new health insurance has IVF coverage. It was meant to be. God did this. For the first time in my life I felt His presence surround us. It is here the fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment