Sunday, October 10, 2010

The girls are going home...







It is hard to believe it has been two and a half weeks since our babies were born. Their stay in the NICU is almost over. Thank goodness!! Tonight Derek and I have a series of videos we have to watch. The girls have to pass a car seat challenge and then tomorrow once the docs round we will get to bust out of here.


The girls have changed so much already. Emma started out at 4lb 7oz. As of last night she was 5lb 1oz. Katherine started out 4lb 12oz. As of last night she was 5lb 4oz. Both have just about grown out of the preemie clothes. Not as much in weight but in length.

Derek and I were holding the girls last night and started talking about Charlie. We were wondering what he would look like. Would his personality be like the girls? The girls are so docile and easy going. Palliative care brought me the 3-D impressions they took of Charlie. I am so grateful to have them. I look at his pictures every day and now I can touch his hands and feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment