Saturday, November 27, 2010

Going Back to work...

Going back to work is horrible. I cried a lot in the days leading up to it. The anxiety was aweful. My first day back was the Monday before Thanksgiving. A few people were nice enough to treat me like a normal human being. However, the majority look at me as if I have four heads. I have heard "you look great" probably fifty times. People just don't know what to say. They all give me this look. It is hard to explain, but it certainly doesn't make me feel any more eager to be back. I've also been asked if I am staying probably a million times. People..if I leave you will find out when I leave. Why is it any of their business. What impact does it have on them...none. Mind your own damn business. If only I could say all of that to people. In my 4 month abscence not a thing changed. Everyone is still miserable. The silly bickering continues. However, I have changed. I don't care about this stuff. I go to work because I have to. Not because I want to. I do this job because I have to. Not because I want to. My perspective on life has completely changed. I don't have to patience for silly stuff anymore.

So, for now, I will keep my head down and stay focused.

1 comment:

  1. I get it. I totally get it. Its amazing how the loss of a baby can help you realize what matters. I feel the same. No one gets that I dont care.

    ReplyDelete