Thursday, April 8, 2010

10 Weeks!

This week the babies:

Enter their fetal period. The average size is approximately 27-35 mm crown to rump length (CRL), or 1.06-1.38 inches. S/he weighs in at 4 grams, or 4 paper clips. Tiny toes have formed. The eyes are largely open, but the eyelids are beginning to fuse, and will stay that way until 25-27 weeks. External genitalia is beginning to differentiate. External ears are formed, as is the upper lip. The biggest accomplishment this week is the disappearance of the tail!

Our next ultrasound is on Monday. I always get nervous before we go in for an ultrasound. I keep wondering when the anxiety will go away. I suspect the anxiety will never go away. It will just change as they change. I know I am about to be 31 and my parents still worry about me.

The trees are blooming out in Ohio. I've been here long enough that my allergies have started to kick in. I can feel the sinus pressure and my ears and bugging me. I really hope this is just a mild case this year and it goes away quickly. Otherwise, I feel fine. The morning/all day sickness is less and less. Still tired, but perhaps if I slept like a normal person that wouldn't happen as much.

Derek has been busy trying to find stuff for the babies. He found some essential gear from a couple who had twins. It was all like brand new. We paid less than $150 for 2 swings, 2 carseats, and 2 bouncy seats. I won't use the car seats, but I can certainly donate them or sell them to someone else in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment