Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's!

Happy April Fools Day!!!

Today we are 9 weeks.

Let's see what is happening with the babies...:We have elbows! Your baby is now approximately 13-17 mm (let's remember ours are 19-20.8mm as of Monday. I think these numbers are off)crown to rump length, or about 0.51 - 0.66 inches. S/he also weighs in at 1 gram! Toe rays are present as the toes begin to form. Gonads have become testes (for boys) or ovaries (for girls). Baby will move away if touched through the uterine wall, and can spontaneously move as well. Ossification (hardening) of the bones may begin.

Grow Babies Grow

Went to Motherhood Maternity last night to find a pair of jeans. Mine are a little tight and I thought perhaps I should investigate some options. That was just a weird experience. First when the sales woman found out it was triplets she started laughing and crying. Then she handed me these jeans and said "let's put three of the bellies in there" . I thought okay, sure. Looking at yourself with this enormous "belly" when you thought you would never have one let alone three is just bizarre. We did buy a pair of jeans and a belly sleeve. The belly sleeve is like a soft stretchy belt that helps you wear your clothes longer. I'm not really ready for the full out maternity pants, so I'm hoping this thing works. We'll see tomorrow. It's jeans day at work. I love jeans day.

Everyone have a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting about Motherhood Maternity! They were really good to me when I went shopping there! Heck for the price they should be! Glad you had fun!(I loved my belly sleeve!)

    Ha ha ha ...your post mentioned gonads...what a funny word! I am voting for 2 boys and a diva!

    ReplyDelete